Hazards “Mr Tetin Smelt Gas And Lit A Match!”

A house in St. Mary’s Road, Upton Park was partly wrecked and completely cut in two on Saturday by a gas explosion. The furniture was reduced to a mass of debris, while Mr George Tetin, the occupier, was injured and his wife and two daughters had narrow escapes. Fifty canaries in the dining room were also uninjured.

By |2021-12-05T13:46:00+00:00May 9th, 2020|Feature, News|0 Comments

The Hazards of New Technology

I am currently locked down at Clevedon Court, our family house in Somerset continuing the long task of transcribing the diaries of my great-great grandfather, Sir Arthur Elton (1819-1883). They throw up a lot of interesting things about the difficulties of introducing modern conveniences to an enormous mediaeval house.

By |2023-01-27T13:57:13+00:00April 19th, 2020|Feature, News|10 Comments
Go to Top