FULL MEMBERS have free access to the archive when they login.
ASSOCIATE and NON MEMBERS can click here to view samples of the archive and pay to download items individually.
Call For Papers
Newcomen welcomes papers for submission in the peer reviewed Journal. Prospective authors should read the Instructions for Authors on the Taylor and Francis website before submitting and contact the Journal Editor for further information.
If the paper is accepted, the author will be sent guidance notes to assist in its detailed preparation. Papers, which should be fully referenced and illustrated where appropriate, should not normally exceed approximately 8,000 words in length. However, shorter papers are welcome and significantly longer papers may be published subject to editorial approval. Papers are normally peer reviewed prior to publication and should not have been previously published, or be on offer to another publication.
The copyright in papers read to and/or published by the Society is owned by the Society. The copyright in papers read but not subsequently published is returned to the author.
To submit a book for review in The Journal please contact the Reviews Editor (see below for contact details).
Dr Brian PriceAston University
Book Reviews Editor
Dr Robert CarrNewcomen Society
- University of ManchesterUK
- University of WarwickUK
- Institution of Civil EngineersUK
- Newcomen SocietyUK
- Institution of Engineering & TechnologyUK
- Robert ThorneInstitute of Structural Engineers History Study GroupUK
Earlier Volumes of The International Journal
Printed back issues from the current or previous year of The International Journal (formally Transactions) can be ordered directly from Taylor & Francis at the rate of £30 per issue. Please contact their Customer Services Department via this email address to order: email@example.com.
Listed below are the Index Files for earlier volumes available to either download in pdf format or purchase in paperback.
- Vols 1 to 32 IndexN/APaperback out of print but available as free pdf download (171 pages)
- Vols 33 to 50 IndexPaperback available for £7.50 plus p&p from our online shop
- Vols 51 to 65 IndexPaperback available for £10 plus p&p from our online shop
- Vols 66 to 70 IndexPaperback available for £5 plus p&p from our online shop