The Journal was founded in 1920 and has appeared in yearly or twice-yearly volumes ever since. It comprises an unparalleled body of original research material contributed over the course of nearly a century by leading engineers and historians. All papers conform to the highest academic standards and are subject to peer review.
An archive of the International Journal dating back to 1920 is available online. Full members can access the archive free of charge.
Call for Papers
Newcomen welcomes papers for presentation at its meetings which are then subsequently published in the Journal as well as papers submitted just for publication.
Prospective authors should first download the notes for authors and then send a 300 word synopsis of the proposed paper to:
The Editor of The International Journal
The Newcomen Society
London SW7 2DD
If the paper is accepted the author will be sent guidance notes to assist in its detailed preparation. Papers, which should be fully referenced and illustrated where appropriate, should not normally exceed approximately 8,000 words in length. However, shorter papers are welcome, and significantly longer papers may be published subject to editorial approval.
Papers are normally peer reviewed prior to publication.
Papers should not have been previously published or be on offer to another journal.
The copyright in papers read to and/or published by the Society is owned by the Society. Copyright in papers read but not subsequently published is returned to the author.
To submit a book for review please contact the Reviews Editor at : email@example.com
|Editor:||Dr.Dermot O’Dwyer firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Book Review Editoremail@example.com|
- Editorial Board
- Professor John Burland , Imperial College, London, UK
- Professor Martin Campbell-Kelly , University of Warwick, UK
- Dr. W. Bernard Carlson , University of Virginia, USA
- Dr. Donard de Cogan , University of East Anglia, UK
- Professor Jonathan Coopersmith , Texas A&M University, USA
- Sir Neil Cossons OBE, UK
- Professor Colin Divall , University of York, UK
- Professor David Edgerton , Imperial College, London, UK
- Dr. Mats Fridlung, The Technical University of Denmark
- Professor John Garside CBE, UK
- Lawrance Hurst , Hurst Peirce & Malcolm, UK
- Professor Andrew Lambert , King’s College, London, UK
- Professor Kumiko Miyazaki , Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Arnold Nayler, Royal Aeronautical Society, UK
- John Pullin, Professional Engineering Publications, UK
- Dr. Terry Reynolds , University of Michigan Technological University, USA
- Dr. Colin Rynne , University College Cork, Ireland
- Dr. Roland Wittje, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Taylor & Francis Publishing
Earlier Volumes of the International Journal
Earlier, print volumes of the International Journal (formally Transactions), are available for purchase through the Newcomen office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Listed below are the index files for earlier volumes available to download.