Newcomen wishes to safeguard and preserve your privacy when you visit our site or communicate electronically with us.
We update our Policy from time to time so please review it regularly.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is the Executive Secretary
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information provided by you when you fill in forms on our website, such as registering for information or buying a product or tickets for events.
- Information you give us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may occasionally gather information about your computer or about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. However, your computer has the ability to decline cookies when you activate the relevant setting on your browser. However, if you decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
You will not be identified personally nor will any personal details of any kind be identified.
How we use the information
- To improve our website and our services to you.
- To provide you with information you request from us
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about changes to our website which may affect our service to you.
Disclosing information about you
Where applicable we may disclose your personal information to any member of Newcomen.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where we are legally required to disclose the information we hold about you.
- To assist in the prevention of fraud and to minimise credit risk.
Links to other websites
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore we cannot gurantee the security of data sent to us electronically and so transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where you have a password for accessing certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.